httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r739150 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/os/unix/unixd.h
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 01:59:46 GMT
On Jan 30, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2009, at 3:07 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>> On 01/30/2009 03:48 AM, fielding@apache.org wrote:
>>> +AP_DECLARE(int) ap_unixd_setup_child(void);  /* mod_cgid needs
>>> this */
>>> +
>>
>> Hm. This break compilation of trunk as this symbol is now added to
>> exports.c again
>> with no implementation in the core (only in a module).
>
> It doesn't break my compilation in trunk -- I've done two complete
> builds since then with no problems.  Which platform and MPM?  I have
> been testing OS X 10.4.11 with prefork.

Let me know if r739487 fixes it.  My guess is that the three
old MPMs (leader, perchild, threadpool) still don't work, but
I don't want to fix them if we are just going to delete them.

It bothers me that I really have no idea if this code even
works, given that it is supposedly the heart of a seteuid
switching child (or some such).  I would really appreciate
it if someone who actually uses this stuff could decide
what should be deleted *before* we release it.

....Roy