httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject VH/NVH: _default_ vs *, do we need both?
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:45:26 GMT
I've always had difficulty understanding how _default_ and * in
NameVirtualHost and VirtualHost differ.  It sure seems like they
don't, in any meaningful way (save that NVH _default_ warns but still
works).  They both end up in the "default_list", so neither "covers
up" more specific host/port specfications and both are of course
factored into the initial ip-based mapping.

Does anyone have a use case or example that actually behaves
differently when you change one from the other? Any chance we can drop
_default_ servers from trunk and simplify our doc?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com