httpd-dev mailing list archives

From traw...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Re: Re: Graceful restart not so graceful?
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:55:13 GMT
On Jan 12, 2009 8:49am, trawick@gmail.com wrote:
> wrt backporting:
> I think that modern Linux and modern Solaris, perhaps the only platforms
tested so far, both work for the same reason under the covers. Has anyone
tested with regular poll()? If not, I can try to test another platform or
at least dumb down APR to bypass epoll/event queue/etc.

I tested prefork on OpenSolaris with ac_cv_func_port_create=no (ie, use
poll()) and it worked with/without the patch.
I tested on Leopard (kevent) and it appeared to work with/without the
patch, but I'm not very confident that I was able to reproduce the right
timing window.

I've proposed for backport to 2.2.x.