httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: Authz directives
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 00:58:26 GMT
On Dec 9, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Chris Darroch wrote:

>>    This is all fairly simple, I think, especially if
>> MatchNotAny/RequireNone is removed as well so that Require retains
>> its
>> apparent meaning everywhere.  See if the patch below meets your
>> expectations; if so, I'll commit it and update the docs.
>   Sorry, here's a slightly updated one without any whitespace issues;
> it should apply cleanly against the latest SVN trunk as of a few
> minutes ago.

I don't see a problem with RequireNone inverting the logic, and
I think it would actually be useful for blocking a set of bad
clients.  Is it difficult to include that without MatchNotAny?

In any case, I'd prefer that we clean this up before the next
attempt at an alpha.  I wanted to do it this week but have run out
of time (I don't want to commit and fly).  Can you commit this or
something like it?

View raw message