httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r729579 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/generators/mod_cgid.c
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 13:12:24 GMT

On 27 Dec 2008, at 09:52, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 12/27/2008 03:13 AM, niq@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: niq
>> Date: Fri Dec 26 18:13:47 2008
>> New Revision: 729579

>> Log:
>> PR#39332: fix for segfault problem with mod_cgid on Solaris
>> Patch by Masaoki Kobayashi
>>
>> Modified:
>>     httpd/httpd/trunk/CHANGES
>>     httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/generators/mod_cgid.c
>
> Just for my understanding. This patch works around a bug in Solaris
> with write
> and UNIX domain sockets, right?
> Otherwise I wouldn't get why the new code using writev would be
> better thatn the
> old one using write.

It's a bug with a number of reports, though I haven't actually been able
to reproduce it myself on opensolaris.

Rationale for the patch is that I reviewed it and ruled out the risk
of a
regression(!)  So if it fixes a severe bug that affects some users,
then on balance it's a Good Thing.

--
Nick Kew