httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jayasingh Samuel <jayasingh.sam...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Dyanamic usage of Apache hash table.
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:37:36 GMT

Graham,

Thanks for your reply, posted the same on the modules-dev..

Thanks,
Jaysingh. > Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:54:08 +1100> From: graham.dumpleton@gmail.com>
To: dev@httpd.apache.org> Subject: Re: Dyanamic usage of Apache hash table.> > 2008/12/3
Jayasingh Samuel <jayasingh.samuel@hotmail.com>:> > Hai,> >> > I have
a hash map which takes its input and key from a file.. The file> > content will be changed
automatically and i want to reload the hash map> > automatically after hitting some
handler.. What i see is, after reloading> > the hash map, iam able to see the new Contents
and the old contents> > alternatively..> > May be the old threads is having the
old Contents. Not sure.> >> > Please reply me if you have solution for this to
reload the hash map> > automatically. also how to kill the old threads which is having
the old hash> > map.> > Is your issue that you aren't considering that Apache
is multi process> and so your trigger request is only handled by one process and not all>
active processes.> > You may be better off looking at how underlying table in RewriteMap's>
in mod_rewrite are implemented. These are cached but reread when file> change is detected.>
> BTW, this is not really the right list for this. Perhaps use> modules-dev list instead.>
> Graham
Wish to Marry Now? Join MSN Matrimony FREE!
http://in.msn.com/matrimony