httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Dumpleton" <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP server 2.3.0-alpha
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 00:57:20 GMT
2008/12/9 William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>>
>> The change fixed velocity.apache.org, but broke www.apache.org.
>>
>> All of this sub-request + output filter stuff started in r620133 kinda
>> needs some more thought.
>
> My thought is that fast_internal_subrequest (which I last refactored, but
> was bogusly introduced for mod_negotiation) must die, now.
>
> Votes?
>
> +1 here to kill fast_internal_subrequest and provide the one fastest
> mechanism that we can safely craft.

Are you referring to ap_internal_fast_redirect()?

Still also used by mod_dir, with its use in the latter in the past
causing odd issues with duplication of information in tables. For
where this showed up in mod_python see:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-146

Was that duplication of information ever addressed?

Graham