httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bing Swen" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP server 2.2.11
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 03:58:21 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> bing swen wrote:
>> So is it a good idea to maintain two sets of project files
>> to cope with this problem: one for the old VS 5/6 .dsp files
>> (no more x64 support), and one for VS 2005/08 .vcproj
>> files (with direct x64 support)?
> No, it's a horrid idea.

Sorry for this. Since 2+ years have passed (since httpd-2.2.2, the last
Win-x64 compilable version), I thought of some progress even at the cost
of such complexity.

> It's a good idea to drop to one cross-platform reference file as
> apr has (config.layout), and spit out whatever the heck the user
> wants (visual studio .dsw, .sln, eclipse, codewarrior etc etc.)

One more idea: would it sound good (not that complex) to put all the
makefiles and build project files, and intermediate .obj files as well,
into a separated top directory to maintain the "purity" of the source code?

        /...        /* official release files */

All the build directive files use relative paths to the source files, and we
give each platform a separate subdir under /build.

View raw message