httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP server 2.2.11
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:27:36 GMT

On Dec 19, 2008, at 12:16 PM, Jorge Schrauwen wrote:

> Also note that the x64 versions of windows do run 32-bit binaries
> without a problem.

More bits is, of course, better but I agree that it does not always
make sense to run 64bits, even on a 64bits capable platform.

> I've been providing x64 binaries of httpd 2.2 because people want
> them.

I think that's typical of our mentality regarding projects and
initiatives: those who can, do and if someone takes the initiative to
have Apache compile and run on 64bits Windows (other than "it doesn't
work please make it work"), we'll pay attention whether or not running
this way is actually the best approach.

S.

--
Sander Temme