httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Configuration change for cvs@httpd?
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:48:03 GMT
A while back, we made a configuration change to all of our commits@
(aka cvs@) lists across the foundation so that they are unmoderated.
As a side-effect, it means that all posts require @apache.org
addresses or you get a bounce back from MAILER-DAEMON.

The side-effect of this (for at least Thunderbird and GMail) is that
you can no longer hit 'reply all' to our commit emails without
automatically also snarfing in cvs@httpd as a recipient.  So, if you
hit 'reply all' and send from a non @apache.org address, you will get
a "nice" bounce message each time you reply to the commit message
unless you manually remove the recipient.  From looking at the
archives, I know that myself, Paul, Philip, and likely Jim have all
hit this blowback to varying degrees over the last month.  In light of
this, Joe has suggested adding:

To: undisclosed-recipients:;

to headeradd for cvs@httpd, overriding the normal To:
cvs@httpd.apache.org.  That should prevent Reply-All from picking up
the commit list, since there won't be anything in the To: or CC:
fields for it to use.

This should restore the ability to hit 'reply all' with Thunderbird
and GMail for those of us who don't use @apache.org from addresses.

Are there any objections to doing so?

Thanks and have a healthy and happy new year with all of your friends
and family.  -- justin