httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP server 2.2.11
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:45:46 GMT
Bing Swen wrote:
> Jorge Schrauwen <jorge.schrauwen@gmail.com> wrote on 2008年12月17日, 19:07
>

>> For the early httpd-2.2.x series it has compiled on Win64. Then again
>> it's
>> very picky in which platform you use.
>> Win XP x64 + VS2005/8 works best. Vista x64 is has some problems with
>> platform SDK (not sure they are fix now).
>>

>> How long will they be compilable? I don't know. I think it has more to do
>> with the makefile(s) than with the code it self.
>>

> There seems to be a bug in the project updating functions of VS2005/08:
> embedded \" char's in the .rc files always made a fatal error to the
> resource compiler (rc.exe), e.g.,
>
>    "... LONG_NAME="Apache HTTP Server" ..."
>
> If all the inner \" are replaced with \' (namely, "&quot;" to "&apos;"),
> then the updated project files (.vcproj) will be OK to compile.
>
> Was this part of the problems with the makefile(s)?

It's a bug in Visual Studio (already reported when we were meeting with the
a couple Visual Studio development folks in Redmond)... the fix is pretty
weird...

srclib\apr\build\cvtdsp -2005

Now the resulting .dsp files can never be opened again in studio 5/6, but
the quotes are shifted around for purposes of importing.