httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Darroch <chr...@pearsoncmg.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r726082 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/aaa/mod_authz_core.c
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:52:43 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> Sorry, but I currently don't get the reason for moving the negate check down
> in the code.

   So far as I'm aware, there's no functional or even performance
difference at the moment (not that performance really matters here,
since this function runs at configuration time).  But it occurred to me
that I'd feel safer doing the optimization first, then the check --
otherwise, if something is changed somewhere in the future such that
you wind up, post-optimization, with a container full of negatives,
you still get the right error.  Call it defensive programming, I guess.

> Why do we still need AUTHZ_EXTRA_CONFIGS?

   It simply hides <RequireNotAll>, which people didn't like.  Please
feel free to rename it or use #if 0 or whatever if it seems wrong to you.

Chris.

--
GPG Key ID: 366A375B