httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject mod_proxy_fdpass now in trunk
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:54:24 GMT
pquerna@apache.org wrote:
> Author: pquerna
> Date: Fri Dec 12 00:04:47 2008
> New Revision: 725940

> Log:
> Add a new mod_proxy_fdpass module to pass a client connection off to a separate daemon.

So, this module right now is pretty simple.

It passes the client socket over a unix daemon socket to another
process, and then sticks a dummy socket back into the core, so it
doesn't close the one we passed over.

In later revisions, I've made the flushing function into a provider, so
if you want to do something tricky, like setting a custom content type
or sending some kind of header before handing the client off to the
other process, you can.

Right now, it does _not_ try to pass any of the parsed information about
the request over the socket.  I think it might be good to make this
another provider interface, with a standard one that passes the http
headers, ala what the perchild MPM can do.

Here is an example python script that can act as a server for this:
http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/fdrecv.py

Run it:
$ python fdrecv.py -p /tmp/helloworld

And in your config file: