httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP server 2.2.11
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 16:05:35 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> Summarizing the vote so far it looks quite promising.
> It would be cool if we would have a Windows source bundle
> to give the Windows guys a chance to test.
> Are there any scripts that can be used to prepare this?
> If not can Bill (sorry you are the first one that comes to
> my mind on this topic) or someone else prepare one?
> This would be much appreciated.

Will be done in a couple hours.  The only thing which can export
a .dsp file into makefiles is Visual Studio 6.

Thought - we stopped checking in .mak files due to the way in which
they tended to change and fall out of sync.  So a proposed solution
in 2 parts;

 * for 2.0, 2.2 (stable trees) check back in "final" makefiles, the
   net changes on a stable released branch should be minimal.

 * for 2.3/trunk I'm offering to replace the win32 build stuff all
   together, but I have to clear my plate of something first, so
   it won't be before the holidays.

Bill