httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject modules.conf
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:24:54 GMT
pquerna@apache.org wrote:

> Log:
> In 2.3.x, mod_unixd is split out form the mpm.

Which raises a good point...

Wouldn't it be better if mod_unixd, mod_version, and mod_so when enabled
were all compiled into the core?  They all seem pretty essential.

All my customer builds always compile in mod_version, since you can't tell
the version to decide if you are going to load mod_version.

mod_so goes without saying.

Similarly, I would rather have httpd tell me I'm on a unixd-style platform
instead of second guessing the modules to enable.  Any reason not to load
it, ever, on a unixd platform?

Seems like they would be good general statically linked defaults.