httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] Merge wombat-integration into trunk
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:00:02 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 00:43:57 -0800
> Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com> wrote:
>
>> Trunk is CTR, but I do want to make sure no one is completely opposed
>> to pulling in mod_wombat.
>>
>> In a dev branch, I've done the work to pull it all together:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/wombat-integration
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/wombat-integration/modules/wombat/
>>
>> Including fully integrated in the build system, and removing the
>> dependency on apreq[1].
>>
>> Any opposition to merging it to trunk?
>
> How about some ballpark figures for the footprint - both disc and
> memory - of this proposal?  That is, mod_wombat taken together with
> lua and any other dependencies like apreq if used.

First off, all of the mod_wombat stuff is a module.  You can compile it
all out.

Lua[1] is very very small, and generally fast compared to Perl, PHP or
Python.  I really don't want to go into proving that on the mailing list
-- if you don't want it, compile it out.

On Apreq, which this merge does _not_ include, I think we should include
parts of it, regardless of size -- things like the parsing POST bodies
which can get very complicated with multipart mime is not something
module should have to figure out itself. Apreq does it right in a
streaming parser, lets us it.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_(programming_language)