httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r722213 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/http/http_request.c
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 21:44:04 GMT

On 12/02/2008 04:42 PM, Dan Poirier wrote:

> What confuses me is that most of the rest of the code in ap_die() is
> concerned with constructing the response, which seems to assume that no
> response has been written before calling ap_die; yet the new code seems
> to allow for the possibility that a response has already been written
> before ap_die was called.
>
> Is it the case that ap_die is always assumed to be called before a
> response has been written?  Or could it be called after a response was
> written, and if so, is there any reason to carry on with processing

It should be only called with AP_FILTER_ERROR in the case that a response
has been already started. But it could be also called with AP_FILTER_ERROR
when a response has not been started so far. Hence the need for handling
both cases when type == AP_FILTER_ERROR. Calls with other type's should
only occur when a response has not been started.

[response started == HTTP status code sent to client and headers written]

Regards

RĂ¼diger