httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorge Schrauwen" <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP server 2.2.11
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:07:55 GMT
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Bing Swen <bswen@pku.edu.cn> wrote:

> "Jim Jagielski" <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote on 2008-12-14 23:24
>

>> On Dec 13, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>>

>>> 2. A number of non binding positive votes and positive feedback.
>>> 3. Binding votes:
>>>
>>>  0 -1
>>>  0 +0
>>>  8 +1 (Colm, Sander Temme, Brad, Jim, Bill, Lars, Jeff, Ruediger)
>>>
>>>  So the vote has passed.
>>>
>>> I will copy the release files to the dist directory now and give the
>>> mirrors
>>> about 24 hours to catch up. I plan to announce the release  officially by
>>> tomorrow evening CET.
>>>

>> Don't forget to update the various site files, announcements,
>> etc... as of this morning, 'http://httpd.apache.org/' and
>> 'http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi' still refer to 2.2.10
>> with smatterings of 2.2.11 around
>>

> It may seem to be an out of fashion question,
> but I hope anyone can give a clear answer:
>
> How long will we have a compilable Windows x64 httpd-x.y.z release?
> Infinitely long? ;-)
>
> Bing

For the early httpd-2.2.x series it has compiled on Win64. Then again it's
very picky in which platform you use.
Win XP x64 + VS2005/8 works best. Vista x64 is has some problems with
platform SDK (not sure they are fix now).

How long will they be compilable? I don't know. I think it has more to do
with the makefile(s) than with the code it self.

~ Jorge