httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r721952 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: ./ modules/ modules/cluster/
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:59:38 GMT

On Dec 5, 2008, at 4:21 AM, Paul Querna wrote:

>> Is there any reason why we must use either APR_LOCK_FCNTL or
>> APR_LOCK_FLOCK,
>> wouldn't the default mutex work?
>
> The default lock mech on OSX is sysvsem.  I couldn't get it to work
> properly after forking at all.
>
> Maybe I was doing something wrong, but switching it to flock/fcntl
> works pretty much everywhere, and pretty consistently works even if
> a child crashes.

This brings up something else I'h hoping to add in: the ability to
change what the "default" mutex is. Many times the compile-time default
isn't right and there are loads of places we simply use the default.
Having a way within httpd/apr which overrules the default would be
quite useful...

It's on my TODO