httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r729538 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_scgi.xml modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.c modules/proxy/config.m4 modules/proxy/mod_proxy_scgi.c
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 18:27:39 GMT
* Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 12/27/2008 04:07 PM, André Malo wrote:
> > * Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> >> On 12/26/2008 10:41 PM, nd@apache.org wrote:
> >>
> >> Hm. Why this rather complex approach with the request_status hook?
> >> Why not doing the subrequest here or even better just inserting the
> >> file buckets into the brigade right here and be done?
> >
> > The whole point of the sendfile stuff is to free the backend socket as
> > early as possible and leave the rest to the apache. So I'm going out of
> > the proxy loop and handle everything in the request status hook, which
> > runs after the cleanup.
>
> For freeing the backend socket it is IMHO possible to call
> ap_proxy_release_connection first and do the subrequest run afterwards in
> scgi_handler. This avoids the need for using the request_status hook
> which makes the code IMHO more complex then needed.

Hmm. But I still have the internal redirect code there as well. I'd rather
leave that as-is for the sake of separating concerns. If you ask me, I
think, it's more simple now ;-)

> > Also I don't want to duplicate the file delivery logic from core
> > (including sendfile, mmap etc), so putting file buckets myself into the
> > stream sounds not like the way to go.
>
> Hm, there isn't that much basic logic to duplicate, basicly
>
>             e = apr_brigade_insert_file(bb, fd, 0, r->finfo.size,
> r->pool);
>
> #if APR_HAS_MMAP
>             if (d->enable_mmap == ENABLE_MMAP_OFF) {
>                 (void)apr_bucket_file_enable_mmap(e, 0);
>             }
> #endif

Isn't that private config?

nd
--
s  s^saaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa  a  alataa  aaoat  a  a
a maoaa a laoata  a  oia a o  a m a  o  alaoooat aaool aaoaa