httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r729538 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_scgi.xml modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.c modules/proxy/config.m4 modules/proxy/mod_proxy_scgi.c
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:07:07 GMT
* Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 12/26/2008 10:41 PM, nd@apache.org wrote:
>
> Hm. Why this rather complex approach with the request_status hook?
> Why not doing the subrequest here or even better just inserting the file
> buckets into the brigade right here and be done?

The whole point of the sendfile stuff is to free the backend socket as early
as possible and leave the rest to the apache. So I'm going out of the proxy
loop and handle everything in the request status hook, which runs after the
cleanup.

Also I don't want to duplicate the file delivery logic from core (including
sendfile, mmap etc), so putting file buckets myself into the stream sounds
not like the way to go.

> > +    url += sizeof(SCHEME); /* keep the slashes */
>
> Why cutting off the scheme?

Good question. I've just tried to find a reason, but I couldn't. Maybe there
was one a year ago ;-)
I'm gonna remove this line.

Thanks, nd
--