httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r722213 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/http/http_request.c
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 22:22:44 GMT
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

> I suspect we may still have edge-case bugs arising from
> filters in subrequests.  I may try to look at whether the
> "double-response" bug reports can be traced to ap_die
> being called after a response has been started.  But for
> the time being, I'm satisfied that this patch makes sense,
> and I'm about to vote +1 on it.

I think this is definitely a possibility if a filter were to call
ap_die() and return an apr_status to the handler.

I agree with Dan in that ap_die() should be able to guard against the
2nd call in the same way Ruediger illustrated (if
ap_http_header_filter is gone, it's too late to do anything but log
it)

Re: double-response, see 2.2.10 with LimitRequestBody + ErrorDocument
pointing to a local file, and note the C-L and access log entries.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com