httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "harish kulkarni" <wasinap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple MPM is in trunk
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 05:00:24 GMT
Hi Paul and others,

We are planning to use apache in forward proxy mode, but in case the server
response has latency of 2+secs.. we see that to support high traffic say
5K/sec we require huge number of threads. We see a huge CPU usage...
Just to take an example to support 3K req/secs we have to have 3K+ threads.

Is there some thing wrong in our configuration ? Please suggest us if we
have to do any changes in confirguration and just wanted to know using
apache as forward proxy with high request rate as we are talking about would
be a good choice?.

we are using single process model with event_mpm.

But when  we run the same load on lighty we see good performance.

Is simple MPM is going to add any good value to help get good performance
from apache?. Is it going to true event driven model?.

-Thanks
Harish