httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r708462 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/mpm: ./ simple/
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 18:04:35 GMT
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:06 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> I tend to agree... as long as the architectural design doesn't
> prevent people from creating (or keeping) MPMs, then this is all
> good. Believe it or not, as people on the front-lines of handling
> Apache setup and support for organizations can attest to, MPMs are a
> valued feature.

I disagree.  It's incredibly confusing to have compile-time
definitions and inability to adjust them at run-time.

I'd prefer that we remove all MPMs and teach whatever remains to be
able to emulate prefork (multiple-process/single-thread) or worker
(multiple-process/multiple-thread) at run-time.

My $.02.  -- justin