httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Removing srclib/pcre httpd/trunk
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:40:52 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> I'm interested in removing this like a think a lot of people are
>> (wrowe at least).
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/pcre_vs_asf_pcre@5.0.diff

> I think in 2.4 and trunk we should stop bundling PCRE, and only use an
> external copy.
WOOHOO! we agree

./configure changes to
   if --with-pcre given use it if found or fail
   if --with-pcre not given look in default paths or fail
   else fail

> I think for 2.2, we should just leave it alone baring security issues.
I vote we should update to 7.8 the latest but still bundle it.

At least 3 advisories exist since the import of 5.0
http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/pkg-pcre.html

I'll add to branches/2.2.x/STATUS for voting on the upgrade or do
nothing, if the answer is backport, I'M NOT IT!

Consultant - P6M7G8 Inc.  http://p6m7g8.net
Senior System Admin - RideCharge, Inc.  http://ridecharge.com

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,