httpd-dev mailing list archives

From MENEAULT Maxime <maxmenea...@free.fr>
Subject Re: ap_run_pre_config issue
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 07:58:25 GMT
Bruce Mills wrote:
> I got a chance just now to recompile and try gdb. The upshot
> of which is that when I ran httpd -k start it said it exited normally,
> and http -X -k start got an error return of 06000.

This probably means that error happens after sub-processes are created
(during mpm run), so probably not during pre config phase.

With -X and with prefork mpm it starts only process so errors are easier
to debug. The fact that it doesn't raise any segfault probably means
that the error is an OS specific error which is catched by APR or
Apache, but actually 06000 doesn't mean anything to me...
But what strikes me is that you don't get any log message...

go on debuging with httpd -X -k start and set breakpoints on:
	child_main
	ap_run_child_init
	ap_create_sb_handle
To check if they get executed or not.