httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Time for 2.2.11?
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:42:40 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> On 11/15/2008 09:50 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>
>> Not that much time has passed since we released 2.2.10 (one month), but
>> I would like to see a release of 2.2.11 in the near future.
>> Why?
>> 2.2.10 has two regressions, one against 2.2.8 (crashes caused by the
>> proxy) which is already backported and one against 2.2.9 (errors in
>> openssl detection) which is currently proposed for backport and
>> misses two votes.
>> There are two further changes in the STATUS file that only miss one
>> additional vote.
>>
>> With these 3 changes in the pipeline and the 10 changes already done
>> for 2.2.11 I think we have enough stuff for a release given the
>> two regressions above.
>>
>> I even volunteer to be the RM for this release and if the remaining
>> proposals get in I would like to T&R on 29th / 30th of November and
>> release on 6th / 7th of December if the voting passes.
>>
>> And yes I know some of us will be disappointed that some things will
>> miss the boat again (especially SNI), but they wouldn't be in a 2.2.x
>> release even if we do not release 2.2.11 at the beginning of December.
>>
>> Opinions?
>>
> Given the positive feedback: Please vote now on the backports :-).

I /really/ want to see a sub-second proxy connection timeout as this is
needed due to Windows' inappropriate RFC interpretation.  This would be
r705005 produced by Ruediger, I believe.

If this is not part of 2.2.11 (I'm pretty sure it did not go into
2.2.10) then I'm going to have to backport this myself into our binaries
for real soon here and keep doing so with each new 2.2.x.  It would be
/much/ better to just have this in 2.2.x.

--
Jess Holle