httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Presentations
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 02:54:29 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
  > When you say "in the core", do you mean "in the /server directory in
the
> source", or do you mean in "modules/wombat"?

modules/wombat initially.

> What does mod_wombat in the core buy us?

sanity.

> If I don't want mod_wombat, can I choose to not load the module like I
> can choose to not load any of the others?

yes.

> How big is mod_wombat?

as big as it needs to be to bind the lua langauge to everything? (not
sure the point of this specific question,  the weight of an individual
lua VM is tiny compared to everything else in the universe.)

> I understand that the intention is for mod_wombat to be used in aiding
> configuration, what if I just want to stick with a plain old flat
> non-programmatic config file, will I still be able to do that?

yes.

I want it on by default though.

If you compile with --disable-wombat, sure, things will keep working for
you like it did in 2.2, in the near term, but I want it to be defaulting
to ON so we can actually change how people configure their servers, to
you know, make it not suck.

-Paul