httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject [wombat] supporting functionless blocks
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 08:16:36 GMT
currently you need to wrap the lua blocks in a function:

<LuaHookTranslateName my_function_to_call>
require 'apache2'

function my_function_to_call(r)
   if r.uri == "/translate-name" then
     r.uri = "/find_me.txt"
     return apache2.DECLINED
   end
   return apache2.DECLINED
end
</LuaHookTranslateName>

I think for inline blocks, it would be helpful if we supported an
alternative syntax:

<LuaHookTranslateName>
if r.uri == "/translate-name" then
    r.uri = "/find_me.txt"
    return apache2.DECLINED
end
return apache2.DECLINED
</LuaHookTranslateName>

Basically, when the function parameter is missing ('my_function_to_call'
in the first block) from the  LuaHookTranslateName section header, we
should switch into a mode which:
  - Automagically pushes in apache2.
  - Automagically pushes in r

This would make it much easier to read than forcing simple inline
scripts to always use a function....

I think it can be done in wombat_request_rec_hook_harness, if
hook_spec->function_name is NULL, then assume that we need to set these
globals -- and then apw_run_wombat_request should be able to continue as
normal.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul