httpd-dev mailing list archives

From MENEAULT Maxime <maxmenea...@free.fr>
Subject Re: ap_run_pre_config issue
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:33:23 GMT
Bruce Mills wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am installing a web-based CVS on Win32, and am trying the route of
> installing Cygwin, and then using the Unix sources. I have done this before
> and got it to work with little problem. But, this time I found that
> httpd dies on
> startup with no log messages. Debugging through the source (in main.c) I
> found that ap_run_pre_config died without comment. Chasing this issue I
> found bug 45076 on the Apache bugzilla, saying I needed to call
> apr_hooks_sort_all, and included a patch file. So far so good.
>
> But, the patch file Failed (I am using apache 2.2.10) and my various attempts
> to adjust the code along those lines have not produced a solution to
> the problem.
>
> What is the status of this issue now?

Hi,

I discovered bug 45076 and produced patches for it but nobody really
paid attention to it. So I didn't add new patches for 2.2.10.

However on a fresh install (i.e. without any proprietary modules using
the preconfig hook ordering) it shouldn't core dump.

I actually discovered the bug because I am developping modules that rely
  on a correct execution order of the pre config hook.

I didn't check 2.2.10 (I am still on 2.2.8) but I don't think that
built-in modules rely on pre_config hook ordering.

I can produce a 2.2.10 patch if you need it or if any developer is
willing to fix 45076 issue. It is pretty easy to fix.

Unfortunately I don't think it would solve your issue.

Maybe a linker issue or Cygwin related bug?