httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: SSL toolkit detection in acinclude.m4
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 16:19:23 GMT
Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group schrieb:
>>> acinclude.m4

>>> and LIBS and

>>> `$apr_config --libs`
>>> against static
>>> to add -ldl,
>>> otherwise tehy fail.
>>> Any further comments, ideas how to fix this?
>> I added a possible fix to the PR
>> (https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=22826).
>> Does somebody mind checking if this is the correct thing to do?
>
> Rainer does the patch fix your issues on Solaris?

The additional `$apr_config --libs` seems fine to fix the issue during
configure itself.

Saving INCLUDES and LDFLAGS break the build. Without saving, entries are
added to EXTRA_INCLUDES and EXTRA_LDFLAGS in build/config_vars.mk. Those
entries are needed to build ab and mod_ssl and to link them.

For the linking issue one could instead of adding the SSL-specifix -L...
to EXTRA_LDFLAGS add them to ab_LDADD and to MOD_SSL_LDADD: it seems not
to be needed for anything else. Since both of those vars include
SSL_LIBS, it could also go in there.

The include flag is harder, since at the moment the build system does ot
include a component specific include variable (like ab_INCADD or
MOD_SSL_INCADD).

So now we know, why INCLUDES and LDFLAGS where not saved in configure ;)

I'll test once more without the save-related parts of the patch and let
you know.

Regards,

Rainer