httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r711146 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: modules/arch/unix/mod_unixd.c os/unix/unixd.c os/unix/unixd.h server/mpm/experimental/event/event.c server/mpm/prefork/prefork.c server/mpm/worker/worker.c
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 19:39:39 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> The architectural reason is to pave the way for alternatives to
> mod_unixd, that can either work alongside it (additional functions)
> or replace it entirely (other platforms under simple MPM, or
> alternative security models such as perchild).

I would love to have the logic of thread/process credentials parked in
the arch/{plat}/ module, but can't see how perchild's strategy can
realistically be satisfied by a simple mpm ;-)

In any case, thanks for all the effort on this!  It very much mirrors
the "hackery" on win32 that I isolated into mod_win32.c - and we can
surely align such things.