httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bray <Tim.B...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Presentations
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 05:35:54 GMT

On Nov 7, 2008, at 7:37 PM, Paul Querna wrote:

> Two that I thought the list might find interesting....
>
> First Tim Bray gave an overview of mod_atom -- including the things
> that were hard about building an apache module:

http://www.tbray.org/tmp/AC2008.pdf

I suppose, if people want, I could vomit out the narrative that went
with the fairly-sparse slides in that section of the talk into a big
long email.

> Of course, I think everyone should look at the mod_wombat stuff,
> since my personal intention is to import it for 2.4 to the core :-)

+1.  It is a good and useful thing to be able to script the web
server.  Scripts should be written in nice modern high-performance
well-designed scripting languages.  Lua is one of those.  -Tim