httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Fw: Intent to Roll 2.3.0-alpha
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:25:56 GMT
Not sure what happened to this yesterday ... reposting.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:32:50 +0000
From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Intent to Roll 2.3.0-alpha

Paul Querna wrote:
> Hi dev@,
>
> FYI, I intend to roll 2.3.0-alpha, our first release from trunk in
> about 3 years, on Saturday December 6th.

How about starting the process not with a roll, but with a proposed
software configuration and feature set?

Just OTTOMH and from a quick look at trunk, I see:

   - authnz revised again
   - mod_sed
   - mod_session
   - Expression parser (I dropped the ball there but intend to
     pick it up)
   - Simple MPM status?
   - drop_privileges architecture and modules
   - status of mod_cache submodules?
   - are we going to revive mod_proxy_fcgi?

Some of that is pretty-much untested.  And then there are
not-in-trunk things some of us have in view, like lua and dtrace:
where do they stand if you start rolling willy-nilly?

> I think we need to start stabilizing trunk, and getting on the path
> of doing 2.4.x 'soon'.

+1 to that, and thanks for raising it.

--
Nick Kew