httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r711146 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: modules/arch/unix/mod_unixd.c os/unix/unixd.c os/unix/unixd.h server/mpm/experimental/event/event.c server/mpm/prefork/prefork.c server/mpm/worker/worker.c
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 19:29:26 GMT
On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:37:48 -0500
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:

> So a single module exists for basically 1 function which implements
> a single hook? And none of the other tasks in unixd.c are hook
> suitable?

They may be.  I anticipate further review in due course.
Feel free to hack it if you have your own ideas, or just don't
want to wait.

> I still fail to see the architectural reason... My fear is that
> without a clear reason for what should be in either, we're just
> adding complexity.

The architectural reason is to pave the way for alternatives to
mod_unixd, that can either work alongside it (additional functions)
or replace it entirely (other platforms under simple MPM, or
alternative security models such as perchild).

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/