httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Harbulot <Bruno.Harbu...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: mod_ssl, SSL_CLIENT_CERT_CHAIN, mod_proxy_ajp and full chain of client certificates
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:19:54 GMT
Hello,

I thought that Tomcat (at least recent versions) was able to get the
full chain, but I guess I was wrong.
I'm in fact using Jetty behind mod_jk, and it exposes the full chain of
certificates in the "javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate" request
attribute, as expected (I am using "JkOptions +ForwardSSLCertChain").
The version of mod_jk I'm using is that shipped with Ubuntu 8.04, so
it's mod_jk 1.2.25. As far as I can tell, it hasn't been patched for
this. I've also tried it successfully with the version shipped with CentOS.

I was getting the impression that mod_jk was being deprecated in favour
of mod_proxy_ajp. I've also experienced intermittent connection problems
between Apache Httpd and the Jetty-based application I'm using. These
problems could be due to many things, including the way I've deployed
the system, so I've tried to investigate it by using mod_proxy_ajp
instead of mod_jk.

Best wishes,

Bruno.