httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Ames" <ames.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.2.10 T&R on Oct 7
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 21:30:44 GMT
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for reviewing. First of all I guess you should increase the
> KeepAliveTimeout
> to a large value like 5 minutes to make observations easier. Furthermore I
> would increase
> the ttl parameter of your BalancerMember to something like 30.
> The above configuration makes only sense if you are using a threaded MPM
> like worker / event / WINNT
> with more than 2 threads per process.
> Then start your httpd with a limitation to one process (-X or ServerLimit
> 1) and try to do
> 3 requests to /proxy in parallel e.g. with telnet or nc. Afterwards you
> should
> have 3 backend connections of which one should vanish about 30 seconds
> after your requests.

ok, KeepAliveTimeout 300 makes a big difference.  But I haven't been able to
observe smax and ttl working.  WIth this,

<Proxy balancer://mycluster>
BalancerMember http://localhost:8093 keepalive=on smax=2 ttl=30
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /proxy balancer://mycluster/

KeepAliveTimeout 300

...and using ab -c 4 to drive it, I now see 4 back end connections.  The
problem is that they all stay ESTABLISHED for KeepAliveTimeout seconds.  I
was expecting to see 2 of them drop after 30 seconds.  Any suggestions?

thanks,
Greg