httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Broken trunk build
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:48:11 GMT

On Oct 30, 2008, at 3:00 PM, Tim Bray wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2008, at 6:21 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
>
>> When svn up breaks a source file, at least you get a
>> meaningful error message pointing to exactly what needs fixing.
>> This m4 is nasty!
>
> If /usr/bin/m4 were by arbitrary fiat deleted from all unix-like
> systems world-wide, there would be considerable temporary breakage,
> but the world would on balance be a better place thereafter. -Tim

Still semi-broken if trying the simple MPM due to both mod_unixd and
unixd
being built:

ld: duplicate symbol _unixd_set_user in os/unix/.libs/libos.a(unixd.o)
and modules/arch/unix/.libs/libmod_unixd.a(mod_unixd.o)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Plus, we need to get a mod_unixd.h file which exports those
functions... currently have a *nasty* cruft just to get the
bugger compiled to play around with it :)