httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r708462 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/mpm: ./ simple/
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:00:49 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> FWIW, I don't believe in latest and greatest linux distro as a good
> measure, but I do believe that there are only a few platforms that we
> should make design decisions around:
> - Linux 2.6
> - FreeBSD 7
> - Solaris 10
> - Windows Vista

the last one, there are too many IT professionals who have a very
unfavorable opinion on Vista/2008 and will not be moving from 2003.

I'd suggest 2003 server as a baseline, with accedental support to 2000
server.  But MS just recently acknowledged that 2003 addicts will not be
put out to pasture before having the opportunity to jump across to the
windows next OS.  So 2003 is far from dead.