httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject SSL toolkit detection in acinclude.m4
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:25:50 GMT
While investigating PR46018 I came across the following in acinclude.m4

  dnl Run header and version checks
  saved_CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"
  saved_LIBS="$LIBS"
  if test "x$ap_ssltk_base" != "x"; then
    APR_ADDTO(CPPFLAGS, [-I$ap_ssltk_base/include])
    APR_ADDTO(INCLUDES, [-I$ap_ssltk_base/include])
    APR_ADDTO(LDFLAGS, [-L$ap_ssltk_base/lib])

Is there any reason why we only save / restore CPPFLAGS and LIBS and
not INCLUDES and LDFLAGS which are also modified?

The next thing I don't get is why we do not add `$apr_config --libs` to LIBS
any longer (since r669924). This causes -ldl to miss and thus the checks to fail
(I guess only if there is no pkgconfig file).

Regards

RĂ¼diger