httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r704883 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/Apache.dsw
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 00:24:05 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> tdonovan@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: tdonovan
>> Date: Wed Oct 15 05:24:25 2008
>> New Revision: 704883

>> Log:
>> Windows: add apr_dbd_odbc project to Visual Studio workspace .dsw file
>
> Hmmm?  Guess I'm confused, we trigger _try_dbd in Makefile.win for the BuildBin
> target.  We could default to building this as a dependency but it really isn't
> needed if _try_dbd sees a default "odbc" list, which could be a simple ifndef
> test of DBD_LIST.

More likely I'm the one confused.

You are correct, this change isn't necessary for either a command-line build using the generated

.mak files (from the Windows .zip distribution), or for an IDE build.

_try_dbd works as you describe and it builds the odbc driver for the BuildBin target.

If there are no .mak files, the symbol USEDSW=1 is defined; then the build uses:

	msdev Apache.dsw /USEENV /MAKE  "apr_dbd_odbc - Win32 $(LONG)"

which fails without an apr_dbd_odbc project in Apache.dsw.  This can happen if the source
is from a
snapshot or from svn, instead of from the Windows source .zip file.

It also seemed odd in the IDE to see a project for each of the other dbd drivers, but no project
for
odbc.

I couldn't see any disadvantage to having an apr_dbd_odbc project in Apache.dsw, but maybe
I'm
missing something.

No other projects in the workspace have a dependency on apr_dbd_odbc, so it still doesn't
get built
until BuildBin unless you explicitly build it.

On a related note - is there any objection to changing the svn eol-style on all the .dsw and
.dsp
files to CRLF instead of native?  This would save a step for those who get their source from

snapshot/svn/tar.gz rather than from the Windows .zip file.

-tom-