httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: proxy_ajp connect timeout fix.
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 02:09:07 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> I checked 2.2.x and trunk in the meantime and they behaves as they should *without* the
patch.
> If I try to connect to a non existing host the apr_socket_connect call returns
> after the timeout set via connectiontimeout.
> I guess this leaves us to the question whether we need to be able to set
> connectiontimeouts below one second.
> I reverted r703998 on trunk.

I need some means of getting proxy connections to sockets with nothing
listening on them to fail in less than 1 second as a workaround to
Windows' noncompliant RST handling.

I believe Mladen just added this to mod_jk (where I also need such a
capability for the IIS/Tomcat connector).

This seems cleaner than the GetTcpTable mess I was creating (as I'd
assume local connections should take significantly less than 1 second to
connect when successful).

--
Jess Holle