httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Speeding up mod_proxy_balancer on Windows
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:04:46 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> On 10/13/2008 10:04 PM, Jess Holle wrote:
>
>> Jess Holle wrote:

>>> I'd love to see this solved by such a discovery, "option 0".

>>> I've attached my incomplete code in this regard (as a diff against
>>> 2.2.9, which is what I used as the base for my changes) for what
>>> they're worth.  There are TO_DO notes where I know I'm missing stuff.
>>> I tested basic use of GetTcpTable(), which solved the problem, but
>>> haven't completed my conversion to caching this data -- in part
>>> because I don't know where to allocate an lock to arbitrate access to
>>> this cached data.
>>>
>> I forgot the -u on my diff.  Here's a unified diff.
>>
> Thanks for this. Given that it introduces a lot of platform specific code
> to the proxy and given the outstanding cache problem I would like to
> wait for Bill's proposal to improve apr_socket_connect within APR as
> this looks more appealing overall.
> If improving APR turns out to be not possible I would come back to your
> patch.

That makes perfect sense to me.  I was going to set the code aside for
now myself for similar reasons, but wanted to share it before I forgot
in case it turns out to be useful.  [And, yes, I know the
platform-specific bit in the middle of mod_proxy was rather ugly -- and
requires 1 additional Win32 library be added to mod_proxy's VC++ config
as well...]

--
Jess Holle