httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Speeding up mod_proxy_balancer on Windows
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:37:00 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> So if noone finds a registry entry to stop this RFC violating behaviour

I'd love to see this solved by such a discovery, "option 0".
> I see only two options on Windows:
>
> 1. Fiddle around with GetTcpTable.

I've attached my incomplete code in this regard (as a diff against
2.2.9, which is what I used as the base for my changes) for what they're
worth.  There are TO_DO notes where I know I'm missing stuff.  I tested
basic use of GetTcpTable(), which solved the problem, but haven't
completed my conversion to caching this data -- in part because I don't
know where to allocate an lock to arbitrate access to this cached data.
> 2. Allow connectiontimeout to somehow accept milliseconds.

Or a floating point number?

Unfortunately this would seem to impact actual connection timeouts as an
undesired side-effect of trying to address Windows' bad treatment of
RSTs, right?

--
Jess Holle