httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Speeding up mod_proxy_balancer on Windows
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:53:57 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> Not exactly. I would prefer to fix the basic issue with Windows. If we need to
> support milliseconds for connection timeouts seems to be another story for me.
> Can some of the Windows gurus come to the rescue to either confirm and explain
> why it takes that long for connect to return after trying to connect to a closed
> port (on the same machine !!!) or if this must be a local issue on a specific machine.

We have had another engineer verify the issue on another machine using a
.Net application, so (1) it is not Apache specific and (2) it is not
specific to my machine.

He's also somewhat of a Windows guru, but I'd be ecstatic if someone
could point out a reasonable way around this issue.

--
Jess Holle