httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Speeding up mod_proxy_balancer on Windows
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 23:02:01 GMT

On 10/13/2008 12:50 AM, Jess Holle wrote:
> Perhaps I misunderstand things here, but isn't this connection timeout
> setting used for more than just the timing out the initial formation of
> the connection?  It would seem that logical that there would be a
> connection timeout for forming the initial connection and another for
> timeouts of responses, etc, but I had understood this was not the case.
> We currently have connection timeout set very, very large as otherwise
> we got timeouts when the backend URL was something very computationally
> intensive that took a long time to respond with data (e.g. a good number
> of minutes).  That should seemingly be distinct from an initial
> connection timeout, but my understanding was that it is not.
>
> Am I just confused here?

No you are not. The next 2.2.x release will contain the parameter connectiontimeout
where you can set *just* the connection timeout. The other parameter you are referring
to is timeout. It will keep its meaning and will be used as a connection timeout
if connectiontimeout is not set.

Regards

RĂ¼diger