httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: [community] 2.3.0 alpha on October 1?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:50:32 GMT
On 9/4/08 2:54 AM, "steve" <iamstever@gmail.com> wrote:

> Filling gigE and requests/sec aren't targets that concern me as a
> user. They sound like nice beanchmarks though...

To some folks, filling a gigE is important.  FWIW, I ran some tests
yesterday with about 50K ISDN (384K) speed clients and httpd and the system
was still very responsive.  Will try to do some ~ 56k tests if I have time
today.

> (Speaking of pet peeves -- why does Apache handle so many things
> besides HTTP, and yet I have to get other servers to handle certain
> kinds of HTTP requests because Apache doesn't handle it well?)

Any particular requests you'd like to address here?

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer