httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bing Swen" <bs...@pku.edu.cn>
Subject Re: [community] 2.3.0 alpha on October 1?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:22:16 GMT
Akins, Brian wrote on 2008年9月3日 7:54

> Egads, no wonder they got such horrible performance.  Worker (or event,
> maybe) seems to be the best way to go, at least based on our testing.

Yes, Worker can work much better, but seems to be basically the same order
of magnitute as threads on Windows (still far more less scalable in terms of
concurrent connections than Nginx). Maybe you have "super-optimized"
hardware and system?

> ...  We run internal benchmarks often and collect a
> lot of performance statistics from live traffic (response times, etc.)  We
> also, however, do not run any vendor supplied httpd build, either.
> RedHat's, for example, is not for production websites, IMO.

So I wonder perhaps next time you guys may bother to take time to also run
Nginx on your platform and tell us how it performs against your httpd
build...

Bing
----
Bing Swen (孙斌)