httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manik Taneja <mtan...@movik.net>
Subject Re: HTTP Protocol: How frequently should browser repeat requests after 304 responses?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:46:51 GMT
this behavior seems highly browser dependent.  There may be a few
possibilities as to why the browser doesn't send an IMS request.

a. the browser cache is cleared
b. the browser has a limited size cache and so this object gets
ejected due to lack of space. you could try increasing the size of the
browser cache and see if that helps.
c. the browser prolly follows some algorithm where by it decides to
send an IMS only once, unlikely, but I am just guessing.
d. the browser is IE and is buggy :).

best,