httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Poirier" <poir...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: More accurate logging of requests per connection
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:33:02 GMT
On Fri, September 19, 2008 11:18 am, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> A better interpretation would be, I think, the number of keepalive
> requests on that connection. So a '1' would be the 1st keepalive
> request, 2 would be the 2nd, etc... So a '0' would be the
> initial request, and would be applicable whether keepalives
> are enabled or not. This would make the logic simpler.

That works.  The remaining issue, which is minor, is that since
ap_set_keepalive() doesn't increment connection->keepalives on the
last request, the value logged will be N-1 for both the N-1 and N'th
keepalive request.  But I don't imagine most connections will ever
see the N'th keepalive request.

--
Dan Poirier <poirier@pobox.com>